Communication is a vital component to the success to your online or blended learning. The expectation at D-B EXCEL is to communicate with your teacher on a daily basis or any support person at the school via email or phone.
You have two options for contacting your teacher:
- Email within Canvas and email the teacher through their k12k.com email
- If you are emailing your teacher remember these guidelines:
- Always include a subject
- Start with a greeting
- Use proper English, grammar and spelling
- Include important information that the teacher needs to know; the name of the class, assignment, quiz, etc.
- Always thank the teacher and sign your full name
- Phone Call
- Please be aware of your teacher's office hours and adhere to the guidelines your teacher sets for phone communication. You can always call the front office at (423) 378.2185 between 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- If you are leaving a message for your teacher remember these guidelines:
- Refer to the teacher as "Mr. _____ or Ms. _____"
- Be clear: State your name, your contact information, your class and a brief reason why you are calling
- Expect a response within 24 hours, excluding weekends and holidays