Noteworthy points include:
- Students are enrolled in a rigorous and engaging curriculum
- Schools offer higher-level coursework (i.e., AP, honors, college level, college classes) is available to all students.
- Schools have designed a learning environment that is connected to the students' real-world interests.
- Schools motivate students toward higher learning by giving them the opportunity to experience college level courses.
- Schools offer an interdisciplinary curriculum
- Schools offer Early College experience
- Schools offer a Work-Study program
- Personalization and Real World Projects are key components
Data and Findings:
- Steady rate of improvement on state academic achievement tests, school-wide and for all subgroups
- Increased SAT scores
- Increased attendance
- Record number of students graduating high school and record number of students applying to college