D-B EXCEL Key Club
We are excited to announce that D-B EXCEL now has it’s very own Key Club! We hope you are excited about the opportunities available to you through Key Club.
What is Key Club?
- Key Club is an international student-led organization that provides its members with opportunities to provide service, build character and develop leadership.
- Key Club is a growing organization with global reach. With 1000s of clubs in more than 38 countries, the impact of Key Club members can be felt all over the world.
We Learn Through Action
- High school student members of Key Club perform acts of service in their communities, such as cleaning up parks, collecting clothing and organizing food drives. They also learn leadership skills by running meetings, planning projects and holding elected leadership positions at the club, district and international levels.
- Leadership » Leadership is grounded in humility and service to others. A true leader listens, recognizes, and empowers.
- Character building » Character is built by everyday acts of kindness, integrity and teamwork to grow stronger relationships and communities.
- Caring » Compassion for others is a cornerstone of the Key Club experience, inspiring action and service to one’s community.
- Inclusiveness » We welcome people of all backgrounds and ethnicities to join in serving and making a positive difference in our world.
How does Key Club work?
- Key Club International is a self-governing, student-led organization. Each year, Key Club members elect their student officers for club, district and international boards.
- Key Club members receive guidance and support from adult volunteers, including Kiwanis advisors, faculty advisors and district administrators. Additionally, the Key Club International staff trains and assists district governors and international board members. The organization is funded by nominal dues paid by every member.
What does it mean to be a member?
- Key Club membership is open to any student who desires to become a leader in his/her school and community and wishes to provide service to others. Each member of a Key Club must be willing to perform service to his/her home, school and community.
What are the responsibilities of a Key Club officer?
- President - provides supportive leadership, creates weekly meeting agendas, leads weekly Key Club meetings, recruits and retains members, manages elections, attends monthly PCMs.
- Vice President - helps the president plan weekly meetings, assists the president and other officers with their roles.
- Secretary - submits monthly secretary reports by the 5th of each month, keeps minutes of each meeting, maintains and updates service hour logs for the club, takes attendance at meetings and service events.
- Treasurer - Promotes and maintains a record of dues into the MUC,
encourages all members to submit their dues on time (Dec 1), establishes the budget for the club to use for fundraisers, DCON, and club spending money.
- Editor - communicates to the club through promotional graphics, publishes the club newsletter, and updates the club’s social media.
How can I apply Key Club skills to my future?
- Key Club helps members build strong leadership skills through the vehicle of community service. Members also become more confident as they learn more about how they can help address community problems and empower others to take action.
What else do I need to know?
- There will be a separate meeting for students who are interested in a leadership role on the Key Club Board (President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer)
- D-B EXCEL Key Club is a brand new club and we are still working out all the details. Additional information will be provided as it is available. Thank you for your patience as we get our club going!
Key Club International Website: https://www.keyclub.org/
Kentucky-Tennessee District Website: www.ktkey.org
Kiwanis Club of Kingsport: https://www.kingsportkiwanis.org/
(Our sponsoring Kiwanis Club)
D-B EXCEL Key Club
Faculty Advisor: Antonia Adinolfi, [email protected]
Kingsport Kiwanis Club
Service Leadership Programs/Key Clubs Chair: Kimber Frederick
Scan for the link to complete the Key Club Interest Google Form